Do you love interior design, fabric and wallpapers, and live in the Boston area? Are you interested in learning about how to-the-trade design showrooms operate while interacting with New England’s top designers? We would love to hear from you! We are hiring a Sample Librarian/Showroom Assistant that is a contract position and three (3) days a week at our brand-new showroom in the SoWa Art & Design District of Boston. Please read below and if you are ready to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter to tell us about yourself. No phone calls, please.
Sample Librarian / Showroom Assistant
CHARLES SPADA COLLECTION
500 Harrison Avenue, Suites 101-103, Boston
The Charles Spada Collection is celebrating 25 years of operating a multi-line luxury showroom to the Trade. We seek a highly organized and personable individual to manage our sample library and perform general duties in the showroom. The new team member must be highly motivated and capable of working efficiently on an individual and group level. The position is a part-time, contract employee with a commitment of three (3) days a week.
- Assist with stocking, cataloging and organizing fabric and wallpaper samples
- Ability to alphabetize and sequence numerically
- Fulfill ongoing sample requests for the sales team and clients shopping in the showroom
- Handle the mailing / shipping of all memos and objects from the showroom
- Package all shipments, create shipping labels, and contact shipping carriers accordingly
- Properly return all fabric / wallpaper memos to the library
- Ensure inventory control and maintenance of all sample products, equipment and supplies, in addition to maintaining the appearance of the showroom
- Liaise with multiple vendors to ensure samples are on hand and always available
- Ability to lift 40 pounds, climb ladders and hang artwork when necessary
- Basic computer and email skills are a must, with a comfort level in using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Focused on customer service
Compensation: $18-20 per hour (based on experience), part-time (3 days per week) contract employee
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter telling us about you and why you are interested in joining the team to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.